July 17, 2013
AP English
Prompt #5
First, I will talk about what belief systems/ philosophies did I agree with.
Next, I will talk about which one's I did not agree with. Finally, what part of the rabbits fur I reside on. Lastly, I will conclude with my thoughts.
The philosophy I agreed with was in the chapter Our Own Time.
I was very interested when Alberto talked about how Sartre said "material things are 'in itself', but mankind is 'for itself'. Sartre also said man has no such innate 'nature'. Man must create himself.
Sartre emphasized that man must never disclaim the responsibility of his actions, or making our own choices on the grounds that we 'must' go to work.
The philosophy I disagreed with was when Alberto told Sophie she was a God. I disagree big time because there is only one JUST GOD. Alberto speaking to her like that may have turned into something big in her mind. Sending her the wrong message.
Even though in the book it said "cosmic spirit". It doesn't matter,
Yes you can lose yourself and at the same time realize your'e something bigger.
That doesn't mean your'e a God.
Mystical experience can play your mind and make you believe anything that is absurd.
After all of this, on beliefs/ philosophies I really thought Sartre's words were phenomenal.
Hellenism the chapter,
Which I disagreed with really made me angry. As before, there is only one God.
No comments:
Post a Comment